For our client, a Swiss Bank, we are looking for a Tableau Developer for a long term project in Switzerland, Zurich.
- Sector: Banking
- Location: Zurich, Switzerland
- Duration: 12 months, plus extension
Our client is a leading global wealth manager with strong investment banking capabilities. Headquartered in Zurich, Switzerland, they have a global reach with operations in about 50 countries and employ more than 45,000 people from over 150 different nations. Embodying entrepreneurial spirit, the client delivers holistic financial solutions to their clients, including innovative products and specially tailored advice.
The developer will be part of the Digital Transformation and Products Labs ("DTPL") department within the division Group Risk and Compliance. The project involves automation of reports using Tableau for various risk topics related to Lombard loans, credit risk, non-financial risk, etc.
- Development of Tableau interactive and static dashboards; the latter for printed reports
- Requirements engineering
- Quality assurance (quality metrics, data quality layer)
- System and UX testing
- Deployment (change management)
- Responsibility for developing, maintaining and extracting knowledge from strategic internal and external data sets
- Studying fundamental and high impact business questions that directly affect the direction of the company and the industry at large
Overview of the department:
The developer will be part of the core team of approx. 15 people in the Visual Analytics team, which consists of Tableau developers and Tableau server experts. The team is part of the larger team of 30-40 team members focused on providing KPIs to management, in the form of automated reports and interactive dashboards, and consisting of data viz experts, data scientists, and project/program managers.
Challenges Contractor will be facing in this role:
- Improving confidence level of data consistency and data quality
- Stakeholder management
Essentials Skills and Qualifications:
- Tableau visualization skills (development of dashboards, complex Tableau calculations) (at least 4-5 years of experience) - should be at least 50% of daily work
- Experience in requirements engineering and working with big data platforms (+2 years of experience)
- Experience in analyzing and transforming data (4-5 years of experience)
- Business fluency in English
- Independent, self-starter, good communicator
- Integrity, responsibility and confidentiality required for dealing with sensitive data
- Included URL to sample of dashboards published to Tableau Public.
Desired Skills and Qualifications:
- Tableau certification (Desktop Associate or Desktop Professional) – kindly provide a link to the certification / or a copy
- Proficient in Python and/or SQL (2+ years of experience)
- Data pipeline development and functional testing using Python in HDFS environment
- Experience in the Financial Services Industry, with focus on risk and/or compliance
Candidate Value Proposition:
Empower the Risk division to become a truly data-driven organization in order to make decisions based on facts to reduce operational risk exposure, improve cost efficiency and productivity as well as improve transparency so that losses can be mitigated or reduced.
The opportunity to become part of a highly motivated Analytics team focusing on building and driving new and state of the art technologies in various fields.
Becoming part of an open-minded team with a strong team spirit in a versatile and flexible working environment
Please apply online or contact Nadja directly on 041 44 296 88 42.